Monday, November 24, 2008

Heaven for my feet :D

Back in America there are no heated floor systems and my feet tend to get really cold. I knew before I left America to come teach in South Korea that there are heated flooring systems here so I thought I could use the suitcase space for something else. Unfortunately, I miss my slippers. And, thanks to my dad, I know that there are some slippers that are more comfortable and will keep my feet warmer than others.

I remember growing up that I would put his slippers on (and my dad doesn't have small feet so in some ways I think he found this annoying and amusing) and walk around the house. He always knew that if his slippers were not in their regular spot to call out my name and I would reluctantly bring them back.

I thought about asking my friends to ship my slippers to me here but then quickly realized that to ship my slippers from Atlanta to Chuncheon would be rather expensive (it's about 11,000km from Atlanta to South Korea). So, I looked online and to my wonderful surprise the slippers I love at home are available to purchase online! Of course I knew they would not be exactly the same, I couldn't remember the brand name, if there even is one, on the slippers I have at home. It didn't matter though, the pictures looked great to me and after reading through some of the testimonials I was satisfied with what I could potentially receive.

So, thank you to:

http://www.kiwi-sheepskins.com/

I ordered:

slippers like the ones I have at home

some slippers to wear at school


The slippers are wonderful! They are comfortable, soft, warm, and everything else slippers should be. The cost on the website includes international shipping from New Zealand.

The first pair in the pictures above I intended to use at home and have the second pair as my shoes for teaching in. The schools here like to have their hallways and classrooms walked on only by inside shoes and before now I didn't have any.

What has actually happened though is that Jason is using the first pair of slippers at home and I am using the second pair of slippers at school and at home. lol

I love having the slippers to work in at school. My feet and toes are nice and warm and they are very comfortable to walk and stand in for several hours of the day.

As far as Jason wearing the first pair . . . I don't mind, I'm glad they fit him actually. I ordered the first pair of slippers in a few sizes too big for me. The ones I have at home are too big on my feet and that's how I actually like them. I think Jason wears a size 10 so having the size 11 is great. Because of all the wool that is inside the slippers you really need to order one size larger than you would normally.

The website has more than just slippers. Anything you could want warm and fuzzy you can get. Car seat covers, a bed for your dog, a steering wheel cover, mittens, you name it! If it is something they don't make you could probably e-mail them to find out if it is a possibility.

So, if you are anywhere in the world and your toes are cold during autumn and winter then I would suggest getting some slippers from http://www.kiwi-sheepskins.com/ if you don't have something similar already. :)

I have happy feet.

No comments: