Sunday, November 9, 2008

It's not broken but . . .

The things that happen to me are nuts. I have managed to obtain something called "Tenosynovitis," which is inflammation of the lining of the sheath that surrounds a tendon (the cord that joins muscle to bone) according to Healthline.com.

I have been instructed to stay off of my feet (should be interesting since I am a teacher, no?) and to go back to see the doctor on Friday or Saturday so he can look at my foot again. I was very happy to hear that I had not broken any bones. The last thing I want is to break something while living in a country where I don't speak the language.

I do have to say that the doctor I saw today was very nice and his English was fairly good. He was at least able to explain to me in medical terms what was going on. I am very thankful right now that growing up I had a mother who was a nurse and I have a step-mother who is a nurse. I think nurses rock and should get way more credit than they do.

Anyway, here are a couple pictures... I'm sure Jason will have a blast once he gets home and will take several pictures. When that happens I'll either link to his blog if he so chooses to blog about my poor foot or I'll post more pics on here. :)

I get a bootie to wear so I can walk when absolutely necessary (aka to get food or move from room to room).
The towel next to my foot contains ice to help with the inflammation.
Go me! LOL

1 comment:

아만다 said...

I have the same shoe in blue for my fractured big toe joint.

Try to find a shoe for the other foot with a matching heel height. Otherwise your hips and back will ACHE at the end of the day from standing at two different levels.